Thursday, May 13, 2010

RSS Feeds

I have been subscribing to my own set of RSS feeds utilizing Bloglines for many years; I only recently began to understand the value of RSS feeds for a library such as ours since the world of social media came into my own household and onto my phone. For instance, I currently follow our own blog and see items come through on Facebook and the blog.

What I think about in terms of what we can do is pretty standard so far as advertising for materials and programs. But I also hope that any news that we create such as winning awards and giving information for closures and parking issues will soon become the norm for us to push out to followers of our blog. I am excited about the prospect of what we can do for those that follow us!

No comments:

Post a Comment